Monday, September 22, 2008

2 1/2 years old

1. Have there been any environmental events in your child’s first 2 1/2 years that you think might have influenced his or her behavior? On what do you base your hypotheses?
Isabelle is doing well but she seems very clingy to me and has the usual temper as a 2 year old would have but sometimes she gets exasperated with me because I might not be understanding her totally. She sometimes has tantrums she cant calm herself down. The only thing I can think would be the source of the problem would be a lack of time outs with misbehavior

2. How is your child progressing on typical toddler issues, such as learning household rules, learning to follow routines, listening to you, developing self control and learning to get along with other children?
She needs some reminders about house hold rules... she just fell off the chair and hit her head becuase she wasnt obeying the rules... I brought her to the doctore and she had a minor concussion but was fine later. Her self control could use somemore development. She gets along with other kids very well. I would say she is the typical toddler...

3. Analyze your own parenting philosophy and practices. What principles from social learning theory, Bowlby, Ainsworth, Piaget, Vygotsky, information processing theory, developmental neuroscience and other theories do you appear to have relied on in making your parenting choices or interpreting your child’s behavior? Include three principles/theorists from the above list in your answer
I believe I follow more closely to Vygostky in the way that I am very vocal with Isabelle. We talk alot and interact with eachother verbally all the time. I spend a lot of time playing games with her and talking so we can grow that bond. I believe she is a typical 2 year old. Although I also believe that piaget cognitive prossessing is a good example of how kids construct knowlege as they manipulate objects. Isabelle is good with objects and taking things apart and figuring them out. I have had to learn to be more understanding and patient with her temperment, that is helping her development. We are communicating better now. I just found out I am virtually pregnant... so that will be the next talk...

No comments: