Monday, September 8, 2008

Isabelle 0-8 months old

Isabelle is 9 months old now. The following three questions can be used as a writing/discussion assignment.
1. How does your baby’s eating, sleeping and motor development compare to the typical developmental patterns?
2. At 8 months of age was your child an “easy”, “slow-to-warm-up”, or “difficult” baby in terms of Thomas and Chess’s classic temperamental categories? On what do you base this judgement?
3. How is your child’s attachment to you and your partner developing? What is happening at the 3-month and 8-month periods that might affect attachment security according to Bowlby and Ainsworth, and various research studies?
Remember that you can use the time-line at the top of the program to look back at questions at any age-level you have already passed through.


Isabelle's eating is ok,but she is a little slow in her eating patterns, she just had some trouble with indigestion and diarhhea, so I changed her formula to see if that seemed to help. She is advanced in her motor skills, she enjoys crawling and pulling up to stand a play with objects. She is very interested in everything around her and makes good eye contact with people. Isabelle is a little slow to warm up but she seems to warm up quickly to friendly smiling people.Especially when myself or my husband are near. Her temperment seems to follow easy going she hasnt had any major issues she eats sleeps and gets around like any other 8 month old. She has a little issue with going to bed at night but calms down after a few minutes. Although when she is upset she has a difficult time calming her self down. I have had to learn to be patient with her, she is very sensitive. Isabelle is very attached to me, my husband spends some extra time with her to bond so that she can grow closer to him as well and detach a little from me, in the beginning she spent more time with me as I was at home with her and my husband was at work. I had to return to work reciently, so she had difficulty going to daycare because she had a little separation anxiety.She just wanted me to be with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful name! I love the name Isabelle. My daughter Jolene has the same sensitive type of personality, but she seems to be improving greatly with time.