Friday, October 10, 2008

4 years old

1. How would you characterize your parenting style? How have your specific parenting techniques changed since infancy? In what ways do you think your parenting style, or any other aspect of your parenting, has been influenced by your cultural background or other experiences?

I think that I am authoritarian in my parenting style, Isabelle seems to be developing well and I talk with her about rules and explain them to her and talk to her when she is in trouble and tell her what why she is in trouble. They have changed in the way that I make sure that I am listening ore patiently with her to make sure there are no misunderstandings. My mother and father had authoritarian parenting styles and looking back I have always thought that the way they dealt with us kids was fair and right most of the time.

2. Describe two specific examples of changes in your child’s behavior at age 4 that seem to stem from growth in cognitive and language ability since the period of infancy (e.g., improvements in symbolic thinking, reasoning, knowledge of the world, theory of mind).

She is talking a lot and is very social at school she is getting along with kids and controlling her temper better. She can also read a few words and write her name. She is excelling in art and mathematical skills and shapes.

3. How would you characterize your child’s personality? Would you say that your child is primarily over-controlled, under-controlled or resilient? Support your argument

I would say that Isabelle is resilient. She is very social makes friends and solves problems very well by herself. She has a high vocabulary and is makes friends fairly easily. She listens to rules and does well in a group setting.

No comments: